[6pack] Recommended upgrades for headlight circuit?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Recommended upgrades for headlight circuit?
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:53:18 +0000
Hi team,
Almost burned up the 73 Six while working on the dash. Had the headlight
switch removed, working on the rheostat, and apparently let the switch hit
ground. Basically burned up the wires to the switch. Hopefully the damage is
not too far inside the harness.

Question: What are the most recommended upgrades to this circuit? I've read
about circuit breakers, and relays, but didn't think I'd ever need to know
because I'm not into aftermarked lights. Is there an off-the-shelf upgrade
avaliable?

BY THE WAY, if you don't have a quick battery cut-off, make it a priority.
That has to be one of the most important safety items installed in the car.
Thanks to our PO for this because it undoubtably would have caught fire. I
went 20+ years without one in my 69.

Sloane :)
69-Six, and brother's 73.