[6pack] Starter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Starter
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:16:51 -0700 (PDT)
Ted's gear reduction starter should last a lot longer than John has
experienced.  I'm inclined to think that the problem is more likely to relate
to a bad connection either through the hot wire that goes from the battery to
the starter or somewhere in the ignition switch.  You might also check to
ensure that the ground wire is correctly attached to both the firewall and the
bell housing.  I'm not the expert and I'm sure that Dick Taylor and some of the
guys who are at the VTR can give you a more definitive answer about this.  For
that matter I bet Ted S. would be willing to help concerning this matter.

  Also, in regard to the question about whether or not the original spoiler was
hollow or solid I agree with Jim Franks.  I'm pretty sure mine is original and
it is hollow. I know because  when I took it off to do my restoration it had
water inside it.  I think I just reamed out a preexixting hole that had become
stopped up and the water trickled out though it was about 10 years ago so i'm
not sure about the pre-existing hole.

  Hope to hear some reports from the guys at the VTR and the TRF get togethers
soon.

  Mike Lunsford,

Building a website is a piece of cake.