Re: [6pack] Question for HVDA owners

To: anabil007@comcast.net, shannm2@triad.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Question for HVDA owners
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:02:59 EDT
I went to take a picture for you and the battery was dead in my  digital.
Sorry.  There are four nuts that hold the brake servo and  the pedal pan.  The
lower left one fall about midway between the clutch and  the brake.  Remove
that nut and slip on a strap about two inches long with  a hole in both ends
that
runs horizontally pointing to the left.  One hole  goes over the stud and the
brake servo nut goes back on.  The other hole  has a nut tacked in place into
which goes a machine screw about 1 1/2  inches long the head of which points
to the clutch pedal arm.  A jam  nut is put on the machine screw and the
machine screw is then screwed into the  tacked nut.  Start with the machine
screw
all the way out and keep  depressing the pedal and turning the machine screw in
until the clutch  disengages.  I found that parking on a hill or incline
works well to know  when the clutch disengages.  Tighten the jam nut.  Doing
this
exercise  with a hole in the bulkhead and a nut on both sides is a real PITA.
Based  upon how much wear/play you have in your clutch pedal mechanism will
have a lot  to do with how much you need to turn in that machine screw.

BTW this setup comes with Herman's kit but may not come with just the throw
out.  I would call him as this will make your life easier.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO