RE: [6pack] Dash lights -- was Bouncing Speedo

To: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>, "Navarrette, Vance"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Dash lights -- was Bouncing Speedo
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:10:26 +0000
I think the backlight lenses hold up quite well as long as people use the
correct bulbs. If the wattage is too high, they melt..

I was also wondering how Vance fixed his high beam indicator lens.. They get
very brittle with age and have an elaborate design with the spring clip to
secure them and the rubber cup to direct the light from the warning light
bulb. I wonder if Vance just glued his up or if he found a substitute..

Stan