[6pack] electric Fuel pump & fuel line routing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] electric Fuel pump & fuel line routing
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
In an effort to avoid heat and cool the fuel down, I re-routed my fuel line to
SU carbs from in front of the engine to inside the front grille before coming
back inside the radiator air duct to the carbs.   The stock fuel pump seems
okay with this as the line remains level.

I tried to run the fuel line
underneath the engine and on top of the crossmember, but there seemed to be
insufficient presurre to run fuel uphill to the carbs.   A friend uses this
route, but he has an electric pump.

The new fuel line routing plus carb heat
shielding  seemed to cure poor idling in very hot weather.

Bruce Simms
Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!
Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com