Re: [6pack] Backfiring continues

To: rnorris1@swbell.net (Rick Norris)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Backfiring continues
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:24:34 -0700
 Rick---If the moving of the sparkplug wires proves to be too big of a
jump (60 deg) there's another way you can go to get the tach cable where
you want it.

Since there's 14 teeth on the cam and tach drive, each  jumping of a
tooth represents close to 26 deg. of distributor timing movement. This
almost splits the difference to moving all of the plug wires one hole.
More details, if necessary.

Dick

rnorris1@swbell.net(Rick Norris)

Bob, I ran an unlit propane torch all around the intake area several
weeks ago and found nothing of interest. I put a wrench on all the bolts
and they all seemed quite snug already.

This morning, I am going to move the plug wires one hole to the right
(anti-clockwise in the vernacular)
 to get the tach drive away from the block then recheck the timing.
Rick,
'69 TR6