RE: [6pack] RE: [net] Suspension rebuild

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, "net@lists.mv.net"
Subject: RE: [6pack] RE: [net] Suspension rebuild
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:19:22 +0000
Jim, while I had seen reports of people changing the TA bushes without taking
the TA's off I really don't think that is viable for changing the brackets as
the TA has to move a significant distance backwards to allow the bolts
retaining the brackets to the frame to clear the frame. Unless the
configuration has been modified one of the brackets can only be removed with
the TA still attached.

In any case even for bush replacement I would still take the TA's off
especially if this area has not had any attention for some time. There is a
lot going on back there and it is worth using this time to inspect and clean
up and repair/replace rusted or tired components that are otherwise difficult
or impossible to get at like that rear rubber brake hose.

Stan