Re: [6pack] Evil Devil Clutch...Mystery Continues

To: Jsut4fun@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Evil Devil Clutch...Mystery Continues
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 22:59:10 -0700
 Ken---If the seal in the CMC was installed backwards it mght act as
yours does. (It should also leak a little bit out the pushrod end, I
would think)

If the seal is good, and you can't get any air to come out of the bleed
nipple, try one more thing. Open the bleed nipple a half turn and push
the piston in the SC back into its bore. If only fluid comes out, all's
well. If some air comes out, it was in the SC bore. While holding the
piston back in its bore, close the bleed nipple and slowly let the
piston come back down its bore till you can reconnect the clevis pin.
Only fluid should then fill the void.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@Autox.Team.Net From: Jsut4fun@aol.com Date: Mon, Sep
3, 2007,

Here is some additional information that may help in identifying my
clutch master cylinder issue.
I have noticed that if I remove the cap from the reservoir and then
slowly push the clutch pedal in, I get absolutely no resistance on the
pedal all the way to the floor and the fluid in the reservoir climbs.
  However, if I push the pedal at a rapid rate the fluid says level
and I get more resistance in the pedal.
I am assuming that there is an issue with one of the seals installed
with the repair kit?
Ken
CF55382