Re: [6pack] Evile Devil Clutch...Mystery Continues

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Evile Devil Clutch...Mystery Continues
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 20:12:35 -1000
Ken,
  There is a check valve at the rear of the M/C.  It has it's own seal and a
small 'wavey' washer that are part of the rebuild kit.  It allows fluid to
flow from the reservoir into the body and seals it off so pressure can build
up to operate the S/C.  Crud could build up on the rear surface and keep it
from making a good seal.  I think this is a possibility if the car sat for a
long time and the clutch system dried up - like mine was.  I used a cotton
wad on the end of a screwdriver to clean up the bore.

Jeff
74 TR6 CF13816U

Subject: [6pack] Evile Devil Clutch...Mystery Continues