RE: [6pack] Installed Macy's Garage Emergancy Bonnet Release

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [6pack] Installed Macy's Garage Emergancy Bonnet Release
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:31:44 +0000
We've all seen many variations of the Emergency Release, but just remember
this. It only has to work twice. First when you install it, and second when
you need it. I have a simple length of black electrical wire that goes thru
a nearby hole in the firewall and it's tucked away up near the heater hoses.
If you don't have one, you need one today.

BTW, I've also heard somewhere that the emergency procedure for opening the
bonnet is with the car up on a lift, using a broom handle or other long
skinny object. I think that one would be best if praticed before needed.
Hopefully you never will.

Sloane :)
69-Six.

>After letting it age for a few months after I received it I finally got
>around to installing the Emergency Bonnet Release today now that I'm done
>with replacing the carpet and installing a heat/noise shield under the new
>carpet. Went very well, was easy to do and the instructions made sense once
>I figured out that the release rod was suppose to go strait down like the
>picture showed and not sideways (see I wasn't kidding all those time I said
>I didn't know what I was doing). Anyway it's in, functioning and I'm glad I
>went ahead and bought one.

A place for moms to take a break!