[6pack] A-Type in a late Car

To: Six Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] A-Type in a late Car
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
All,

We have a local member that pulled an A-Type overdrive
gearbox out of a TR250 parts car of his.  The serial
number begins with GR.  I've not seen that before??
We were prepping it to go into his '74 TR6 & noticed
that the input shaft protruded past the bell housing
by about 1/2 inch or so.  My first thought is that
this wasn't an original part to the 250 as every
TR250/TR6 gearbox that I've seen has an input shaft
that is no longer than that of the bell housing so you
can store them up on end.

Does anyone on this list know if it is possible to use
this gearbox in a late TR6?  I mean the pilot bushings
are a lot shorter on the '70 & up cars.  So I wasn't
sure if that extra 1/2 inch would be an issue?

TIA,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO