[6pack] Gas Cap Asembly

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Gas Cap Asembly
From: Bob Rothstein <rgrothstein@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:35:57 -0700 (PDT)
   Group - Has anyone with entirely too much time on their hands
reassembled their TR-6 gas cap?  Despite explicit instructions,
my plater disassembled my gas cap before polishing it.  I can
put the two halves of the gas cap together (gas cap onto flange
piece that fits through the rear deck); but I'm having trouble
inserting the small spring under the spring latch so that the
latch has resistance and locks.
    I'm sure there's a trick - does anyone know what it is
(besides going out and buying a new one)?
     Thanks

     Bob Rothstein
     Vienna, VA