RE: [6pack] Rust and fuel pump questions

To: "Rick Norris" <rnorris1@swbell.net>, "6-Pack List Serve"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Rust and fuel pump questions
From: "Robert N. Clark" <rclark@robertsonclark.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:32:49 -0700
Rick,

This is a situation where surgical clamps come in handy.  If you can
find one of these, they look and operate like scissors and have serrated
clamping faces that will lock in a closed position.  They work well for
clamping off rubber fuel lines, but perhaps the best Triumph related use
is holding the little pin the holds the interior door handles on as you
slide it between the spacer and the handle (even with the springs in
place).

The clamp beats sucking gas through a hose.

Bob Clark
'69 TR6

        Two responses with the same solution! Gotta be! I had not
considered the fuel tank level, it's about three quarters full, I guess
I was thinking nothing would happen if the fuel pump wasn't pumping.
I'll siphon off  a few gallons and see what happens. That makes sense!
Thanks!