[6pack] Slave to cylinders

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Slave to cylinders
From: John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:22:26 -0700 (PDT)
Well,,,the rebuild kits came for the clutch MC and
slave cylinders.  Got the car up on jack stands and
got out my new creeper and slid under the car with the
intention of first taking off the oil pan to see if
there were thrust washers in the bottom of it.
I soon realized that I, being a "big guy" had about an
inch of clearance between my eyeballs and the
underside of the car. I did manage to drain the oil
and change the filter and I realize that to most
redblooded citizens of the list that is one hand
behind your back kind of stuff.
It occurs to me that unless I can operate tools with
my nose or eyeballs I either need to raise the car
even more or let someone else do this stuff.  I may
have just found the solution because unless I can get
the car another foot off the ground I don't have the
patience for the game.
I don't think balancing the car on one jack to get the
other foot of elevation is wise.
Sadly, while under the car I noticed that some of the
floor under the drivers feet is going to have to be
replaced as it is,,,,,rusty and flexible.  Not
supposed to be flexible.
Anyway this is just an update to my post of a couple
weeks ago. I move slowly.
John Summers

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.