Re: [6pack] Slave to cylinders

To: rivers2hills@yahoo.com (John Summers)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Slave to cylinders
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:54:54 -0700
Big John ---You could've saved yourself part of this chore of checking
for thrust washers fro above the car. Just lever the crankshaft for and
aft at the timing pulley damper. If you have over .060 play here,
further examination is then necessary. (The 'washers should be checked/
replaced if you have more than .015 play)

It is good that you found the perforated floorpan, before you wore out
your Nikes.

Dick

rivers2hills@yahoo.com(John Summers)

Well,,,the rebuild kits came for the clutch MC and slave cylinders. Got
the car up on jack stands and got out my new creeper and slid under the
car with the intention of first taking off the oil pan to see if there
were thrust washers in the bottom of it. I soon realized that I, being a
"big guy" had about an inch of clearance........

...Sadly, while under the car I noticed that some of the floor under the
drivers feet is going to have to be replaced as it is,,,,,rusty and
flexible. Not supposed to be flexible.
Anyway this is just an update to my post of a couple weeks ago. I move
slowly.
John Summers