Re: [6pack] shocks

To: actionsl@mindspring.com (CARL CARLSON)
Subject: Re: [6pack] shocks
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:23:26 -0700
Carl---I suspect that those who have suffered from broken shock
attachment points had one or more of the following happening:

a) The rubber bump stop at the top of the trailing arm was too soft, or
otherwise not absorbing the load before the shock reached its travel
limit.

b) The shock attachment point on the frame was somehow compromised.

c) The shock operating length was shorter than the suspension travel.

If you are a 6PACK member, check the last Newsletter for more details on
this subject, as written by Mitch Seff.

Dick

From:
actionsl@mindspring.com(CARL CARLSON) Date: Thu, Sep 27, 2007, 9:15am
To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: [6pack] shocks
As per the rear shock conversion for the TR6 does anyone have some input
as to why some cars have the mount break at the frame and some go for
years with out a problem? I understand some conversions have a extra
brace but I'm talking about the ones that mount direct to the factory
bracket.
CARL CARLSON
actionsl@mindspring.com