[6pack] Accelerator Shaft Bearing/Bushing

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Accelerator Shaft Bearing/Bushing
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 02:14:23 -0500
Bob,

I put the bushings in place first , then got the acc. pedal shaft through
despite the severe angle. My TR6 had no kick panels in place when I did it, but
my TR250 did. The trick is to be sure that you put the driver's side bushing in
from the footwell, not from the engine compartment. That way you're not popping
it out when you push with the shaft. Then line the shaft up as best you can,
and be sure you're rotating it as you push against the bushing. A little
dishwashing detergent helps.

Good Luck, Tom
CC55483L

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes" Henry David Thoreau

http://www.triumphowners.com/735