[6pack] Where to mount auxilliary power components ?

To: 6pack Email List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Where to mount auxilliary power components ?
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:07:41 +0000
I have 3 socket mounted relays (fog lights, mains and dip) and a small fuse
panel for accessory power distribution that I had mounted inside the cockpit,
high up in the left side of the passenger foot well next to the buzzer unit,
using small bolts through the vertical section of the area where the battery
lives. That worked fine from a real estate perspective but this winter I am
repainting the engine bay and I'd really like to avoid having holes/screws in
this area.

I'm looking for ideas for where and how to mount these things such that I
don't have screws or nuts showing. I thought about welding a bracket to the
inside of the footwell in that same area but there just isn't enough room to
get me, a welding helmet and wield a mig welder and hold a bracket at the same
time.

So I'm entertaining other suggestions..

Stan