Re: [6pack] audio power question

To: <lklotz.1@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] audio power question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:24:38 -0800
        TRsixman:

        The output of your alternator depends on the year of the car.
The output in general went up continuously over the production run
(Although there were many different alternators fitted, including Delco,
just to add to the confusion).
        If you install the alternator from a 76 TR6 (18ACR), you will
have enough power for a small amp. I put in a stereo amp and it draws
only 6 amps - it is plenty loud enough to be head with the top down.
'course sound quality is another matter.
        The original Lucas alternators were the 15ACR, 16ACR, 17ACR and
18ACR. As you might imagine the output increased the higher the model
number:

15ACR 28A
16ACR 34A
17ACR 36A
18ACR 43A

        These were the most common ones fitted. You can get these at a
good auto parts store for under $100 (rebuilt), so work with your parts
man to get the alternator of your choice.

        Vance