Re: [6pack] high-output 43 AMP alternator

To: DLylis@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] high-output 43 AMP alternator
From: Ryan Van Luchene <dejabuzzed@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:44:33 -0800 (PST)
yeah, that's my understanding. the 69-70, and maybe
some 71 have the 2-plug 5-terminal connections, of
which only rebuilt alternators are available. leighton
@ bpnw says the 1-plug 3-terminal versions are
available NEW, are 43 Amps and are the same as the
ones used on the 75-76 TR6s. hopefully, someone here
has used it and put some miles on it and can give me
some feedback. otherwise i think i'll go over to the
6-pack forum and ask there.

ryan

--- DLylis@aol.com wrote:

> Standard Time,
> dejabuzzed@yahoo.com writes:
>
> anyone  with a 71-73 TR6 that has used BPNW's 43 AMP
> "new" alternator?
>

> Why is this limited to those years?  Is it because
> of the three  wire setup?
>
> David  Lylis
> 69 TR6 CC26160L
> 60 TR3A TS74461LO