[6pack] ignition

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] ignition
From: John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:03:32 -0800 (PST)
Here is a simple question.  What is the difference
between Crane electronic ignition and Pertronix?
I have the latter and can't say i'm very satisfied
with it.

Another question comes to mind.  After my TR6 has sat
for several weeks without being started, I get it
started and it runs like - for want of a better way to
say it - it's blowing instead of sucking.  With
sucking meaning air going into the carbs, into the
combustion chamber, fireing and flowing smoothely out
the exhaust.  Blowing would be air going into the
carbs and on to the cylinder but only halfway
igniting.  No misfireing. No odd sounds out the
exhaust but obviously less ooomph for my new Webber
DGV carbs.
Discuss among your selves:)

John Summers
'74 6