[6pack] Was ignition, now Weber DGV carbs

To: "John Summers" <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Was ignition, now Weber DGV carbs
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:16:08 -0800
        John:

        Are the Weber DGVs new, or has the car been running well in the
past with DGV carbs?

        Obviously, if the carbs are newly installed we get to start from
the ground up, but if it used to run just fine than it narrows the list
of likely culprits. And just to be clear (I am no Weber expert) the DGVs
are down draft (oops, I mean down draught) carbs, correct? I recall that
the DCOEs are the side drafts (drat! I mean draught).
        And "Webber" is actually spelled "Weber", correct? Or do I have
that wrong too?
        Are you saying that the car has less power with Webers than with
Zeniths? OR are you saying that the car has suddenly decided to make
less power than it used to with the DGVs?
        Lastly, have you sacrificed the obligatory chicken to Lucas,
Prince of Darkness to make certain you don't have an electrical gremlin?
You can't be too careful. Every spring I sacrifice a bucket of Kentucky
Fried Chicken (Extra Crispy) just to be on the safe side.

        Cheers,

        Vance