Re: [6pack] Engine Stand Help

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org (Bob Danielson)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Engine Stand Help
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:17:13 -0800
Bob---You'll ned to have the engine back plate in place to mount the
arms of the stand. "Better" stands may have more radii choices, but mine
is like yours. As Stan noted, you won't be able to remove the crankshaft
when the backplate is in place. TRF Dave suggests having an extra
backplate with the bottom cut away.   But once the block is stripped of
its other pieces, one can lay it on its top to remove the crank, sans
the backplate.

Dick

75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org(Bob Danielson

I just assembled my cheapo Harbour Freight, hope I only have to use it
one time, engine stand. I'm sure it's obvious to everyone but me

but..........how do you bolt the engine to the stand? I know you use
bolts and nuts but where on the engine is the attachment point? A
picture is worth a thousand words so
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/EngineStand.htm Do my arrows show the
attachment points?
This is one of those things I want to get right as I have visions on it
falling on the floor....oops.
Thanks
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U