Re: [6pack] GPS - Non Triumph General Question

To: <TR6UO@aol.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] GPS - Non Triumph General Question
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:19:24 -0500
For mobile GPS'ing, we use a TomTom One, 3rd edition (who was behind the
marketing and product naming ... so many similar products!) and apart from
not "speaking" street names, it has worked flawlessly, quickly and
accurately.  The online updates are easy to install (plug in and go).  The
accuracy seems good, and it picks up satellites better than my laptop based
GPS ever did.  And you can have John Cleese advise you on the directions ...
what more could you ask?

I terms of power: it takes a mini USB plug ... maybe a simple 12v connection
to a mini-USB socket is all that is needed?  Could be hidden down on the
kidney panels (Cyberguys seems to carry all that stuff).  Or a retrofit of a
12v lighter/power socket might be a good idea.

Tony Gordon
72 TR6