Re: [6pack] door adjustment

To: sullij@att.net, 6-Pack <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] door adjustment
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 21:44:32 GMT
John G.---Here's a few ideas;

a) Check that the thickness of the tab for the soft top isn't causing the need
to slam the door. Also that none of the weather stripping is interferring. (Use
strips of paper between the door and stripping. Pull out the paper to test for
excessive tightness)

b) The striker plate may have moved back into the B pillar too far for the door
latch to catch. Adjust the plate outward (three screws) about 1/16" and try.
Mark outline of plate position with some sort of pen before loosening these
screws.

c) It's possible that the lock itself has seen better days. But if the lock
still locks when using the key, with the door open, then this is not part of
the problem. You'll know more about this when you pop loose just enough of the
rear-most clips that hold the door panel in place. This should expose enough of
the hardware that controls the "remote" door lock. If in doubt about what this
operation should look like, you can take a look at the other, better door
workings.

Dick