[6pack] Clutch Hydraulics

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Clutch Hydraulics
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:58:18 EST
Listers,

Well, there's no way to ask this question without admitting that I had not
started my TR6 in quite some time.
Yesterday, in preparation for some pre-winter embalming, I reset the  cutoff
switch, got in to start the car and noticed the clutch pedal was very  soft.
My first thought was I had lost clutch fluid, as I used to have the same  issue
on my 4A, which I never resolved before selling. My suspicions were
confirmed when I opened the reservoir and found only a small deposit of black
gunk
defiantly starring back at me. I cleaned it out, refilled it and in a  couple
pumps of the pedal I felt the familiar resistance of the hydraulics  returned
life.

My question is where do I start looking for the leak? I did see some
evidence of leakage on the garage floor on the passenger side. I wouldn't
normally
associate that with the clutch hydraulics.

Thanks for any input!

Steve
'72 TR6