Re: [6pack] Greetings one and all

To: John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Greetings one and all
From: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:25:08 +0000
Merry Xmas John, half of the US is still distracted with ice, snow and single
digit temps. Many people here in the north east still without power almost two
weeks after an ice storm that left MA and our neighboring states looking like
we had been hit by a tornado. Hard to believe that the weight of that much ice
on the wires would cause a utility pole to snap !. The ice storm was followed
by two feet of snow. If the treated roads dry up I'll take the TR6 out today
however it is currently only 3 degrees F so I hope it warms up a bit.

I usually use the xmas hols to start the TR6 winter projects. Last year was
the big one with the engine rebuild and this year it will be front end rebuild
(suspension and brakes) and take care of some rust on the rear valence as well
as the continuing frame cleanup.

Santa is working on a video camera that I plan to use to mess with some TR
related video streaming and video recording (eg time-lapse video of
interesting trips). However Santa is currently confused about what to deliver
due to the different formats and camera features. If anyone has a flash video
camera (ie not DV tape) with firewire connection to a Windows system and can
stream video with it I would be interested in hearing what camera you have.

Stan