Re: [6pack] Water pump replacement

To: KKSMC@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, mailman-owner@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Water pump replacement
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:03:53 GMT
KK---I don't know that anyone rebuilds these water pumps, altho there was an
article in one of the recent 6PACK Newsletters that showed one how to do this.
The installation of this pump is straight forward. You'll probably find at
least one of the bolts has rusted, so I found it worthwhile to coat new ones
with a bit of anti-seize. Clean off the old gasket, (be sure to get a new one)
turn the pump's weep hole towards the bottom, and drive the car for another 15
years!

Dick