Re: [6pack] Something New (74 TR6)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Something New (74 TR6)
From: "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:13:20 -0600
Thank you to all who responded to my noisy 3rd gear problem.

I removed the fill plug and added fluid. I took it for a short test
drive and the noisy gear is once again smooth and quiet. How
easy was that?

The dumb current owner never bothered to check the fluid level
in the tranny.

The car was not completely level so I plan to have it drained this
weekend to check for debris and ensure proper fluid level.

I've always checked the fluid levels in the motor, brakes, clutch,
dash pots, radiator & differential. Maybe I should cut down on the
fluid level of the taddy porters.

Hope I didn't do too much damage.

Stuart