Re: [6pack] torque specs

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] torque specs
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:08:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, oliver wrote:

> had to replace the ring gear (it got chewed up after it had moved on the
> flywheel!!!) and now I'm getting ready to put it all back together.
>
> I looked in the bentley manual, and it says flywheel 50 to 75 - right?

Actually, I believe that if you read the manual properly, the 50 is DRY
and the 75 is lubed. That said, I always use 75 and RED (high
strength) loctite. Haven't had one come loose (yet).

> I'm confused as to the clutch assembly - am I correct in that is 15 to 20?

The clutch uses pretty small bolts, I think they're either 5/16" or 3/8".
In either case, the torque numbers are correct in the book for the size of
fastener.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair                            |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums