[6pack] Ign. Switch Placement

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Ign. Switch Placement
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:45:15 GMT
Looks like I may be in the minority here, but I sure wouldn't go to the
trouble of moving the under-the-steering-column switch. Could be because it's
been working just fine for the last 37 years. I can find it in the dark, plus
I am in the habit of cocking the front wheels when parked outside. This
affords some assurance that anyone who wanted to take the car via tow-truck
would have to deal  with the car seriously dragging down the road. (Rear
wheels locked via hand brake and transmission gears). Is this fool proof? No,
but should discourage the thought of theft.

To keep the switch tumblers working, I do give them a shot of WD-40 when doing
the doors and trunk lock.

Dick
1973

6pack@autox.team.net