Re: [6pack] TR-6 values

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Bill Wellbaum <wcwellbaum@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR-6 values
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:05:08 -0800 (PST)
Bill:

I can only speak from my experience from 2004. At that time I purchased a car
in a condition remarkably similar to the car you describe. It was a car from
AZ that had some appealing mechanical upgrades (tube shock conversion,
headers, SU carbs, etc.), no rust, some panel fit issues, a shabby interior
and bad paint. I paid $8900 for that car and I felt that I got a very good
deal because it was (and is) rust free and mechanically sound with a
documented history going back to the original owner. I don't know how bad the
rocker panel is but if I were in the market for a car this would be very
appealing to me.

Assuming the rest of the paint beyond the hood and trunk is okay, I would be
willing to pay somewhere between $10,000 to $13,000. I think this car would be
a good deal at that price, provided there is documentation of service,
repairs, etc. At that price I could afford to repaint the bad areas and maybe
apply body filler and paint to rocker panel. A more picky buyer could invest
in a repaint (exterior only?) and still not be underwater. Either way it's a
car that could be enjoyed immediately at a reasonable investment.

Hope this helps.

Jim

(snip)

6pack@autox.team.net