[6pack] TR-6 values

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TR-6 values
From: "Bill Wellbaum" <wcwellbaum@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:30:23 -0800
One of our members passed away about a year ago after completing the frame off
restoration of his TR-3.  His widow elected to sell the TR-3 and one of our
club members has purchased it.  This leaves the TR-6 which he also restored
about 6 years earlier.  At first his widow thought about keeping it for
herself but has now decided to sell it as well.  On Ebay, Tr-6's seem to fall
into two catagories:  fresh restorations with no issues with asking prices in
the $15-24K range, and unrestored drivers with issues (paint, rust, no oil
pressure, etc) ranging from $4.5-9.5K range.

This Tr-6 has a rebuilt engine including rebuilt ZS carb, leather interior,
new carpets, net vinyl top, all done about 6 years ago with minimal mileage
since.  New Pirelli tires about 2 years ago--again with minimal mileage as his
health was failing and kept him from driving.  He installed the HVA  5 speed
Toyota gearbox and clutch conversion as well as the tube shock conversion
(Konis, I believe) in the rear.

Problem is the paint is failing on the bonnet and trunk lid.  The driver's
side rocker panel will need to be pounded out or replaced.  This is a Nevada
car and to my knowledge is rust free.  I have started and driven the car every
couple of months for the owner.

I am trying to establish a value of the car which she wants to sell "as is."
I'm wondering if anyone would want to help me establish some sort of a base
line value of the car--which is in good mechanical shape but will need some
attention paid to the paint work.  I can send digital pictures to anyone
desiring to know more about the car.

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas

6pack@autox.team.net