Re: [6pack] Random Ignition Failure

To: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>, "6pack List"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Random Ignition Failure
From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:52:22 -0500
Kendall - I would suspect that the battery feed to the ignition switch
 would be a place to begin with. If you lose both ignition as well as
 starting functions, then the common denominator might be that feed. Has
 the fuse for that feed been replaced with a re-set circuit breaker? That
 would explain the "return to normal" that you experience. As always, check
 the complete battery ground circuit, including the connection from the
 engine block to the body.

Alex Thomson