Re: [6pack] Random Ignition Failure

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Random Ignition Failure
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 22:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the replies,

I had some time to look into things yesterday, I found a few things.

Not news to people who already had studied the schematics, but I found out the
following.

The car will continue to run with:
- The starter relay unplugged
- The seat belt interlock module unplugged
- All of the fuses pulled

I  also connected the WO and WR wires going into the seat belt interlock
module
(and left it unplugged) so that will not keep the starter from  functioning
anymore. I've been meaning to do that for awhile, so it will  no longer be an
issue.

I inspected the wiring and found that the rivets on the back of the ignition
switch were a little bit suspect. And then I was attempting to remove the
electrical part of the ignition switch before seeing  that it was held in place
a set screw and broke the switch. Oops. So a  new electrical portion of the
ignition switch is definitely order and  hopefully that will be that.

Thanks for the input guys!

Thread on the forums:
http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=20&id=172966&Itemid=85#173438

6pack@autox.team.net