[6pack] Su needles for TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Su needles for TR6
From: Jgk423@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:23:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Been awhile since I've posted.

About 15 years ago I converted to HS6 SU's.  They came set up for  TR6 by
Ted Schumacher with ZH needles (from Volvo 122S, I think) and  red springs
and that's worked fine for me.  My engine has stock cam,  intake manifold
reworked a la Kastner's performance manual, ported and  cc'd head, +.020
cylinders, tube header and free flow exhaust.

A few years later I helped a pal install an SU conversion sourced from  Joe
Curto of NYC, who is one of the best on constant depression carbs. Don't
know what he might be using now, but on that setup he used the stock needles
for  the HD SU on the Austin Healey 3000, Mk III. Can't remember what
springs were  used.  This TR6 was bone stock. They worked just fine.

Jim

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive