Re: [6pack] Glove Compartment Hinge Screws

To: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@nc.rr.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Glove Compartment Hinge Screws
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 01:51:57 GMT
Douglas---I filled these hinge holes with a product called "FIXALL". It's a
powder to be mixed with water. It hardens fairly quick. I poked the mixture
down into the stripped holes, then stuck toothpicks down to compress as much as
possible. I sort of remember leaving pieces of these 'picks (the round style)
down in the holes during the setup. Anyway, it's been holding up for the years
since I redid the dash wood.
There's probably better stuff, like maybe plastic wood that could do the job.
tho I haven't seen this product on shelves in some time.
 And I was able to use the original screws.

Dick