Re: [6pack] Shock Conversion

To: TRIUMPH6PK@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Shock Conversion
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:42:29 -0600
I run a similar wheel/tire setup.  No problems on that front.

But make sure your rubber stops on the trailing arms are adjusted so
they do their job BEFORE the shock bottoms out.  Test the stops once
the conversion is completely on by using a jack to raise the trailing
arm until the rubber stops compress.  If your shocks bottom out before
this happens then the brackets may rip from the frame and take a few
pieces with it.  Ask me how I know.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi@comcast.net