[6pack] TR5 in Canada

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TR5 in Canada
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:50:36 -0800 (PST)
Ran into a garage owner on Vancouver Island who was a Leyland dealer mechanic
in Vancouver circa 1970.   He said that BL brought in a TR5 (or early TR6 PI?,
can't remember) as a marketing tool.    It was eventually sold locally, and,
the dealer mechanics cussed the Lucas PI as it was troublesome for them!  I
would doubt they had the specialized PI training and tools of a dealership in
Britain or other markets.

Triumph wasn't the only one to have issues
with early fuel injection systems.   I recall wishing my 74 Volvo had twin
SUs.

Cheers, Bruce Simms