Re: [6pack] manifold studs and powder coating

To: jhmdds@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] manifold studs and powder coating
From: Bob Labuz via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:24:55 -0400
--===============4946510443419680567==
 boundary="------------000002090301090301040609"

--------------000002090301090301040609

James,

The short end goes into the head. Use some thread anti-seize and a
double nut on the other end to tighten

As far as the powder coating, you may have to sand it off by putting
some emery cloth on a flat surface such as some plate glass and then
using a circle motion, sand until the coating is off. I have used that
method when just refreshing surfaces such as a thermostat housing.

Bob

On 07/24/2015 01:08 PM, jhmdds--- via 6pack wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which way the manifold studs go into the head of my
> '75 Tr6?  Does the short end or the longer end go into the head?
>
> Also I recently had my water pump housing powder coated.  They coated
> the block and thermostat housing mating surfaces.  I tried to wire
> brush the coating off but only ended up giving them a different
> finished texture.  Can I continue assembly or does the powder coating
> have to be completely removed?  If it needs to be removed is there an
> easy way that doesn't risk marring the mating surface?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James Maddox  '75 Tr6

--------------000002090301090301040609

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      The short end goes into the head. Use some thread anti-seize and a
      double nut on the other end to tighten<br>
      As far as the powder coating, you may have to sand it off by
      putting some emery cloth on a flat surface such as some plate
      glass and then using a circle motion, sand until the coating is
      off. I have used that method when just refreshing surfaces such as
      a thermostat housing.<br>
      Bob<br>
      On 07/24/2015 01:08 PM, jhmdds--- via 6pack wrote:<br>
      type="cite">