Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update

To: mohawktriumphs <mohawktriumphs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update
From: Greg Lemon via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 21:42:47 -0600
Cc: TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>

--000000000000206301059abb684f

I too enjoy Richard's posts, as noted, the room was pretty quiet, he is
keeping the party going.  Some days I am too busy to read it all, but no
harm no foul if I don't.

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 8:49 PM mohawktriumphs via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.ne=
t>
wrote:

> This gearhead chimes in with Richard . This forum has been
> helpful in lots of ways. His interest and focus are contagious. Thanks,an=
> please continue. . .
> Frank
> 69 cc26xxxu+o
> 70 cc54xxxu+o
>

> Sent from my ASUS Pad
>
> im sloane via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> I too have enjoyed and been inspired by the level of detail performed and
> shared with our group on this "daily driver" restoration.  I have little
> doubt that at some point Rick will hit some TR-gremlin and need some
> assistance from the seasoned TR-experts. I will concede that this has
> possibly been an unusual use of this forum, but I would respectfully
> suggest that anyone not enjoying the dialogue simply press "delete". I
> would also remind that not too long ago this forum was almost completely
> dead for quite a while and I've been afraid it would be deleted.
>
> Sloane
> 69-Six
> 72-Spit
>
> ------------------------------

for help =E2=80=A6 not a one user
> [...]
> but I first have to be make sure that the cement is well and truly dried.
> Otherwise, any finger pressure on the fabric may collapse the foam backin=
> and cause it to stick that way.
> >
> >    I also reported yesterday that I have begun attaching the upholstery
> on the TR6's rear wheel arches. Today I will test the cement job by gentl=
> pulling the formed upholstery vinyl down over the archs for a smooth fit.
> If all goes well there, I will cement the bottom edge to the body and lea=
ve
> the glue to dry. Then afterward, say another 24 hours, I can cement down
> all the remaining edges and cut the holes for the seat belt's shoulder
> harness mounting hardware.
> >
> >    All of this work on the TR6's interior is pretty routine, if
> sometimes laborious. The next real challenge will be rebuilding the seats=
.
> I say 'rebuilding' rather than reupholstering because the internal frames
> have to be restored before new foam and upholstery can go on. Attached ar=
> pictures of the driver's seat with the old upholstery split away. It shou=
ld
> be obvious that not only is the support mechanism damaged but also, the
> metal frame is rusted quite badly. No pivot joints now move. Fortunately,
> the rust damage is mostly surface rust and not so bad that the frames can=
't
> be cleaned, repainted and the reused. Yep, lots of work to do there!
> >
> > Happy, happy,
> >
> > Rick
> >

> > On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:12 PM Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.co=
m>
> wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >    I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Nissan pickup=
.
> Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps from today.
> >    The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my plastic
> upholstery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides and
> those at the top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headline=
> lifted out the driver's door without argument! Easy peasy.
> >    Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old headliner and
> maybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get that far.
> >    Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the rear wheel
> arch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I needed to
> secure the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly over the
> complex  curves of the arches. See attached picture.
> >    The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the rear deck
> and hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery cards
> hiding the just cemented arch upholstery.
> >

> Bill Pugh
> 1957 TR3 small mouth  =E2=80=A6 it runs=E2=80=A6fast.
> 1970 TR6 Rosey =E2=80=A6 she wins 1st Place over and over.

retty quiet, he is keeping the party going.=C2=A0 Some days I am too busy t=
o read it all, but no harm no foul if I don&#39;t.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></d=
ec 27, 2019, 8:49 PM mohawktriumphs via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@a=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pa=
dding-left:1ex">This gearhead chimes in with Richard . This forum has been<=
br>helpful in lots of ways. His interest and focus are contagious. Thanks,a=
to:6pack@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">6pack@autox.t=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
I too have enjoyed and been inspired by the level of detail performed and s=
hared with our group on this &quot;daily driver&quot; restoration.=C2=A0 I =
have little doubt that at some point Rick will hit some TR-gremlin and need=
 some assistance from the seasoned TR-experts.
 I will concede that this has possibly been an unusual use of this forum, b=
ut I would respectfully suggest that anyone not enjoying the dialogue simpl=
y press &quot;delete&quot;. I would also remind that not too long ago this =
forum was almost completely dead for quite
 a while and I&#39;ve been afraid it would be deleted.=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Sloane=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
69-Six</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
72-Spit</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
alibri, sans-serif" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b>=
 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack-bounces@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank=
" rel=3D"noreferrer">6pack-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt; on behalf of Adam=
 Beasley via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_b=
lank" rel=3D"noreferrer">6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
<b>To:</b> Richard Lindsay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:richardolindsay@gmail.com"=
 target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">richardolindsay@gmail.com</a>&gt;; Wi=
lliam Pugh &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anabil007@comcast.net"; target=3D"_blank" r=
el=3D"noreferrer">anabil007@comcast.net</a>&gt;; TR6 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
6pack@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">6pack@autox.team=
.net</a>&gt;<br>
pt;line-height:1.3;color:#1f497d">
William speaks for himself.=C2=A0 I personally have been enjoying your post=
s.<br>
Please continue to share.<br>
Adam<br>
73 TR6<br>
i,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12.0pt;color:#1f497d">
Sent from <a href=3D"http://www.9folders.com/"; style=3D"text-decoration:non=
e;color:#009bdf" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">
Nine</a><br>
<hr style=3D"border:none;height:1px;color:#e1e1e1;background-color:#e1e1e1"=

ze:11.0pt;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"><b>From:</b> Rich=
ard Lindsay via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net"; target=3D=
"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
 perhaps your expectations. It is my error to assume that Triumph owners ca=
re about more than DIY help. The error won&#39;t be repeated...by me anyway=
. Enjoy your broken cars.</div>
"mailto:anabil007@comcast.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">anabil0=
07@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
left:1ex">
Don=E2=80=99t know, don=E2=80=99t care =E2=80=A6 this is a Triumph venue fo=
r help =E2=80=A6 not a one user Blog.<br>
&gt; On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:08 AM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:6pack@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">6pack@aut=
ox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Isn&#39;t &#39;queue&#39; an awesome word? Yea, I love wo=
rds and the many ways one might string them together. I guess that point is=
 obvious by now.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Douglas Adams was just amazing in his skills at wordsmith=
. He had two phrases that I completely love. Paraphrasing, the first is, &q=
uot;The space ships fell from the sky in exactly the same way that anvils d=
on&#39;t.&quot; The other quote that I admire is, &quot;I love deadines.
 I particularly like the whizzing sound that they make as they go by.&quot;=
&gt; <br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 So what is in YOUR queue for today? I may go collect my g=
randson this morning so he can help me make biscuits for Nancy&#39;s breakf=
ast. Kelum and his mom are awake and up, like me, but Nancy isn&#39;t. I al=
so need to learn if Kelum&#39;s mom has other plans today.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Yesterday I reported that the headliner came out of the N=
issan pickup easily and without drama. This morning I hope to brush away an=
y remaining foam bits on the substrate (another good word) and cement the n=
ew foam backed fabric in place. If I get that
 far I can reinstall the headliner, but I first have to be make sure that t=
he cement is well and truly dried. Otherwise, any finger pressure on the fa=
bric may collapse the foam backing and cause it to stick that way.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 I also reported yesterday that I have begun attaching the=
 upholstery on the TR6&#39;s rear wheel arches. Today I will test the cemen=
t job by gently pulling the formed upholstery vinyl down over the archs for=
 a smooth fit. If all goes well there, I will cement
 the bottom edge to the body and leave the glue to dry. Then afterward, say=
 another 24 hours, I can cement down all the remaining edges and cut the ho=
les for the seat belt&#39;s shoulder harness mounting hardware.=C2=A0
&gt; <br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 All of this work on the TR6&#39;s interior is pretty rout=
ine, if sometimes laborious. The next real challenge will be rebuilding the=
 seats. I say &#39;rebuilding&#39; rather than reupholstering because the i=
nternal frames have to be restored before new foam and upholstery
 can go on. Attached are pictures of the driver&#39;s seat with the old uph=
olstery split away. It should be obvious that not only is the support mecha=
nism damaged but also, the metal frame is rusted quite badly. No pivot join=
ts now move. Fortunately, the rust damage
 is mostly surface rust and not so bad that the frames can&#39;t be cleaned=
, repainted and the reused. Yep, lots of work to do there!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Happy, happy,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Rick<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:12 PM Richard Lindsay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ri=
chardolindsay@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">richardolinds=
ay@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Ni=
ssan pickup. Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps fr=
om today.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my p=
lastic upholstery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides a=
nd those at the top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headlin=
er lifted out the driver&#39;s door without argument!
 Easy peasy.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old he=
adliner and maybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get th=
at far.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the=
 rear wheel arch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I =
needed to secure the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly ov=
er the complex=C2=A0 curves of the arches. See attached
 picture.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the=
 rear deck and hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery=
 cards hiding the just cemented arch upholstery.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
Bill Pugh<br>
1957 TR3 small mouth=C2=A0 =E2=80=A6 it runs=E2=80=A6fast.<br>
1970 TR6 Rosey =E2=80=A6 she wins 1st Place over and over.<br>
Life is too short<br>
to drive Boring Cars<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=