Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update

To: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update
From: John Macartney via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 10:15:37 +0000
Cc: TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-2A6E4D4D-92A0-4EBF-B4BF-19387B907600
        charset=utf-8

I also share the concern for the continuance of 6pack and triumphs@autox.tea=
m.net  There was a time a long while ago when posts were plentiful and almos=
t continuous. Maybe there=E2=80=99s been a migration to another location, or=
 the cars have been sold or else their owners have now grown wings and form h=
eavenly choirs? All rather sad but I suppose that=E2=80=99s progress?

Jonmac

Whenever I feel the need for exercise, experience has shown me it is better t=
o lie down until the feeling goes away. WINSTON CHURCHILL

> On 28 Dec 2019, at 02:21, im sloane via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net> wrote=
:
>=20
> I too have enjoyed and been inspired by the level of detail performed and s=
hared with our group on this "daily driver" restoration.  I have little doub=
t that at some point Rick will hit some TR-gremlin and need some assistance f=
rom the seasoned TR-experts. I will concede that this has possibly been an u=
nusual use of this forum, but I would respectfully suggest that anyone not e=
njoying the dialogue simply press "delete". I would also remind that not too=
 long ago this forum was almost completely dead for quite a while and I've b=
een afraid it would be deleted.=20
omcast.net>; TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update
> =20
> Richard,
>=20
> William speaks for himself.  I personally have been enjoying your posts.
>=20
> Please continue to share.
>=20
> Adam
> 73 TR6
>=20
> Sent from Nine
haps your expectations. It is my error to assume that Triumph owners care ab=
out more than DIY help. The error won't be repeated...by me anyway. Enjoy yo=
ur broken cars.
>=20
> Rick
>=20
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 11:57 AM William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net> wrote:=

> Don=E2=80=99t know, don=E2=80=99t care =E2=80=A6 this is a Triumph venue f=
or help =E2=80=A6 not a one user Blog.
>=20
> > On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:08 AM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team=
.net> wrote:
> >=20
> > Hello friends,
> >    Isn't 'queue' an awesome word? Yea, I love words and the many ways on=
e might string them together. I guess that point is obvious by now.
> >    Douglas Adams was just amazing in his skills at wordsmith. He had two=
 phrases that I completely love. Paraphrasing, the first is, "The space ship=
s fell from the sky in exactly the same way that anvils don't." The other qu=
ote that I admire is, "I love deadines. I particularly like the whizzing sou=
nd that they make as they go by."
> >=20
> >    So what is in YOUR queue for today? I may go collect my grandson this=
 morning so he can help me make biscuits for Nancy's breakfast. Kelum and hi=
s mom are awake and up, like me, but Nancy isn't. I also need to learn if Ke=
lum's mom has other plans today.
> >=20
> >    Yesterday I reported that the headliner came out of the Nissan pickup=
 easily and without drama. This morning I hope to brush away any remaining f=
oam bits on the substrate (another good word) and cement the new foam backed=
 fabric in place. If I get that far I can reinstall the headliner, but I fir=
st have to be make sure that the cement is well and truly dried. Otherwise, a=
ny finger pressure on the fabric may collapse the foam backing and cause it t=
o stick that way.
> >=20
> >    I also reported yesterday that I have begun attaching the upholstery o=
n the TR6's rear wheel arches. Today I will test the cement job by gently pu=
lling the formed upholstery vinyl down over the archs for a smooth fit. If a=
ll goes well there, I will cement the bottom edge to the body and leave the g=
lue to dry. Then afterward, say another 24 hours, I can cement down all the r=
emaining edges and cut the holes for the seat belt's shoulder harness mounti=
ng hardware. =20
> >=20
> >    All of this work on the TR6's interior is pretty routine, if sometime=
s laborious. The next real challenge will be rebuilding the seats. I say 're=
building' rather than reupholstering because the internal frames have to be r=
estored before new foam and upholstery can go on. Attached are pictures of t=
he driver's seat with the old upholstery split away. It should be obvious th=
at not only is the support mechanism damaged but also, the metal frame is ru=
sted quite badly. No pivot joints now move. Fortunately, the rust damage is m=
ostly surface rust and not so bad that the frames can't be cleaned, repainte=
d and the reused. Yep, lots of work to do there!
> >=20
> > Happy, happy,
> >=20
> > Rick
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:12 PM Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com=
> wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >    I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Nissan pickup.=
 Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps from today.
> >    The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my plastic uphol=
stery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides and those at t=
he top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headliner lifted out t=
he driver's door without argument! Easy peasy.
> >    Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old headliner and m=
aybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get that far.
> >    Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the rear wheel a=
rch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I needed to secu=
re the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly over the complex =
 curves of the arches. See attached picture.
> >    The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the rear deck a=
nd hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery cards hiding=
 the just cemented arch upholstery.
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> Bill Pugh
> 1957 TR3 small mouth  =E2=80=A6 it runs=E2=80=A6fast.
> 1970 TR6 Rosey =E2=80=A6 she wins 1st Place over and over.
>=20
> Life is too short
> to drive Boring Cars
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/john.macar=
tney@ukpips.org.uk
>=20

--Apple-Mail-2A6E4D4D-92A0-4EBF-B4BF-19387B907600
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">I also share the concern for the continuanc=
e of 6pack and <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.tea=
m.net</a> &nbsp;There was a time a long while ago when posts were plentiful a=
nd almost continuous. Maybe there=E2=80=99s been a migration to another loca=
tion, or the cars have been sold or else their owners have now grown wings a=
nd form heavenly choirs? All rather sad but I suppose that=E2=80=99s progres=
r">Whenever I feel the need for exercise, experience has shown me it is bett=
er to lie down until the feeling goes away. WINSTON CHURCHILL</div><div dir=3D=
"ltr"><br>On 28 Dec 2019, at 02:21, im sloane via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
ockquote type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr">

52">

olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
I too have enjoyed and been inspired by the level of detail performed and sh=
ared with our group on this "daily driver" restoration.&nbsp; I have little d=
oubt that at some point Rick will hit some TR-gremlin and need some assistan=
ce from the seasoned TR-experts.
 I will concede that this has possibly been an unusual use of this forum, bu=
t I would respectfully suggest that anyone not enjoying the dialogue simply p=
ress "delete". I would also remind that not too long ago this forum was almo=
st completely dead for quite
 a while and I've been afraid it would be deleted.&nbsp;</div>
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Sloane&nbsp;</div>
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
69-Six</div>
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
72-Spit</div>
r:rgb(0,0,0)">
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
or=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:6pack-bounces@autox.team.net">6pack-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt; on b=
ehalf of Adam Beasley via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net";>=
6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
<b>To:</b> Richard Lindsay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:richardolindsay@gmail.com";>=
richardolindsay@gmail.com</a>&gt;; William Pugh &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anabil=
007@comcast.net">anabil007@comcast.net</a>&gt;; TR6 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6p=
ack@autox.team.net">6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
pt; line-height:1.3; color:#1F497D">
William speaks for himself. &nbsp;I personally have been enjoying your posts=
.<br>
Please continue to share.<br>
Adam<br>
73 TR6<br>
Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12.0pt; color:#1F497D">
Sent from <a href=3D"http://www.9folders.com/"; style=3D"text-decoration:none=
; color:#009BDF">
Nine</a><br>
both">
<hr style=3D"border:none; height:1px; color:#E1E1E1; background-color:#E1E1E=
1">
ze:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"><b>From:</b> Rich=
ard Lindsay via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net";>6pack@auto=
x.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
erhaps your expectations. It is my error to assume that Triumph owners care a=
bout more than DIY help. The error won't be repeated...by me anyway. Enjoy y=
our broken cars.</div>
mailto:anabil007@comcast.net";>anabil007@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
:1px #ccc solid; padding-left:1ex">
Don=E2=80=99t know, don=E2=80=99t care =E2=80=A6 this is a Triumph venue for=
 help =E2=80=A6 not a one user Blog.<br>
&gt; On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:08 AM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:6pack@autox.team.net">6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Isn't 'queue' an awesome word? Yea, I love words and the m=
any ways one might string them together. I guess that point is obvious by no=
w.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Douglas Adams was just amazing in his skills at wordsmith.=
 He had two phrases that I completely love. Paraphrasing, the first is, "The=
 space ships fell from the sky in exactly the same way that anvils don't." T=
he other quote that I admire is, "I love deadines.
 I particularly like the whizzing sound that they make as they go by."<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; So what is in YOUR queue for today? I may go collect my gr=
andson this morning so he can help me make biscuits for Nancy's breakfast. K=
elum and his mom are awake and up, like me, but Nancy isn't. I also need to l=
earn if Kelum's mom has other plans today.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Yesterday I reported that the headliner came out of the Ni=
ssan pickup easily and without drama. This morning I hope to brush away any r=
emaining foam bits on the substrate (another good word) and cement the new f=
oam backed fabric in place. If I get that
 far I can reinstall the headliner, but I first have to be make sure that th=
e cement is well and truly dried. Otherwise, any finger pressure on the fabr=
ic may collapse the foam backing and cause it to stick that way.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; I also reported yesterday that I have begun attaching the u=
pholstery on the TR6's rear wheel arches. Today I will test the cement job b=
y gently pulling the formed upholstery vinyl down over the archs for a smoot=
h fit. If all goes well there, I will cement
 the bottom edge to the body and leave the glue to dry. Then afterward, say a=
nother 24 hours, I can cement down all the remaining edges and cut the holes=
 for the seat belt's shoulder harness mounting hardware.&nbsp;
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; All of this work on the TR6's interior is pretty routine, i=
f sometimes laborious. The next real challenge will be rebuilding the seats.=
 I say 'rebuilding' rather than reupholstering because the internal frames h=
ave to be restored before new foam and upholstery
 can go on. Attached are pictures of the driver's seat with the old upholste=
ry split away. It should be obvious that not only is the support mechanism d=
amaged but also, the metal frame is rusted quite badly. No pivot joints now m=
ove. Fortunately, the rust damage
 is mostly surface rust and not so bad that the frames can't be cleaned, rep=
ainted and the reused. Yep, lots of work to do there!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Happy, happy,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Rick<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:12 PM Richard Lindsay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ric=
hardolindsay@gmail.com">richardolindsay@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Nis=
san pickup. Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps from=
 today.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my pl=
astic upholstery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides and=
 those at the top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headliner l=
ifted out the driver's door without argument!
 Easy peasy.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old hea=
dliner and maybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get that=
 far.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the r=
ear wheel arch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I nee=
ded to secure the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly over t=
he complex&nbsp; curves of the arches. See attached
 picture.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the r=
ear deck and hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery ca=
rds hiding the just cemented arch upholstery.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
Bill Pugh<br>
1957 TR3 small mouth&nbsp; =E2=80=A6 it runs=E2=80=A6fast.<br>
1970 TR6 Rosey =E2=80=A6 she wins 1st Place over and over.<br>
Life is too short<br>
to drive Boring Cars<br>

--Apple-Mail-2A6E4D4D-92A0-4EBF-B4BF-19387B907600--