Re: engine size

To: Sabirfocla@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net, hillman@can-inc.com
Subject: Re: engine size
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:44:31 EDT
Kurt,
    The location of the dipstick proves you have a 1390, 1494 or a 1592cc
engine.  Early 1390's installed in Sunbeam Rapier 1 and Hillman Minx MK 8A
and Series 1 did not have an ID number stamped on the block.  If by chance
there is an oval cover plate located mid-block on the lower right side just
forward of the distributor, it is a 1390.  The casting date you gave of
11-7-56 also leads me to believe it is a 1390.  Factory replacement
shortblocks also do not have a number stamped on them.  I know that's not
much help, but without either a C&D test (compression and displacement) like
the NASCAR boys are policed with or an actual tear-down, I doubt you can
prove what you have.
Jim Leach   PTC  Seattle