Hot Stuff

To: alpine list <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot Stuff
From: Karl Gilchrist <xtr25618701@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 11:17:32 +1200
I just took my Series V for a run. Its winter here and I haven't used
the car for a couple of months. It overheated badly within about 10
mins. Plenty of water in the radiator, No leaks in any of the hoses,
the water pump ( new less than 8 months ago) or the head. However there
is probably a small crack in the head as occasionally over the last 12
months I have noticed some very slight antifreeze staining in No. 1
spark plug recess.  I haven't got round to replacing the head as power
has been fine and  I don't seem to be using any water.

Suggestions ? stuck thermostat ? where to from here

Thanks

Karl