TUNING MY SV

To: "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: TUNING MY SV
From: "michael proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:28:16 -0400
Well I finally have my car licensed and drove it about 50 miles this weekend
to bring my cost per mile below the $100.00 mark, and loved every minute of
the driving. Now that I am playing with the new toy I have several questions
on it since  I have never seen a real live sunbeam in my life before, and
have nothing to compare mine to. The flame trap hose is connected to the oil
filler neck, is this correct?  My car had a brass plug inserted in the
manifold where the crankcase valve should be. My parts engine had this valve
so I removed the plug and inserted the valve. Does the hose on the valve go
onto the short pipe on the oil pan?  My manual said that the crankcase valve
should go on the tappet cover or the oil filler neck. If the previous owner
had this valve removed , Is it really necessary?  I installed the pertronix
ignition and the car starts up so nice now.  I however cannot get my carbs
to idle smoothly. I have pulled them off and all seems to be o.k. The manual
said that the crankcase valve could cause slow speed Idle problems. I am
hoping that this is it. Also the car wants to pop out of 3rd gear unless I
hold the shifter up into the position. Any Suggestions on this on?

Mike Proper
Lansing, MI.