Re: TUNING MY SV

To: "michael proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TUNING MY SV
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:03:55 -0700
I think you have it right now.  The tappet cover has a little metal tube
sticking up.  The PCV hooks up to the manifold and then a rubber hose goes
up and over the valve cover, down the back side and into the tappet cover
metal tube.  Earlier Alpines simply had that metal tube pointing down to
the ground, and it was a longer tube.  When your rings get tired, and even
before, this dumps all sorts of oily smoke to the ground.  I think those
down tubes are generally called in fact "dump tubes."

The other rubber tubes mentioned have two coming out of the two air
cleaners, getting joined together, then to the little metal tube sticking
out the side of the oil filler neck.  If an early valve cover has been
fitted, it would not have this little metal tube sticking out.  I've also
seen the filler necks removed and placed on backwards so that the little
metal tube is facing the distributor side, not the carb side.  And, between
the end of the tube and the oil filler neck, there is this metal can, about
3" in diameter and 2 inches thick.  The rubber hose attaches to one flat
side of the can and out the other flat side is a fitting to attach to the
oil filler neck.

Jay