Re: Around the World Challenge

To: AlpineDriver@aol.com
Subject: Re: Around the World Challenge
From: Ron Tebo <tebomr@cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 05:47:51 -0600
AlpineDriver@aol.com wrote:

> In the newspaper I noticed a photo of a Austin Healy 3000 leaving Anchorage
> Alaska as part of an "Around the World Challenge" rally going on right now.
> The caption described the rally as beginning in London on May 1 and scheduled
> to end in London July 18 after 19,245 miles.
>
> I did a web search and came up with the Classis Rally Association page:
> <A HREF="http://www.carnet.co.uk/rallyoffice/";>Rally Office - home of London
> to Peking, Classic Marathon, Monte Carlo Challeng</A>
> http://www.carnet.co.uk/rallyoffice/
>
> It is worth a look at the map, route news and participant list.   I noticed
> the following Rootes cars involved:   1933 Talbot AV 105 Alpine  and 1968
> Hillman Hunter.
>
> The rally is in the Yukon now.
>
> Rob Carpenter

Rob (and Others):

The Calgary Vintage Sports Car Club groupies are going to greet the cars in
Banff, on June 22-23    ( they have a rest day) and watch them leave on the
24th. They will be crossing into Montana and heading east to New York from
there. The Hillman and the Talbot are still in there and doing well!

Ron Tebo