Re: Fw: Date this car?

To: "Tim Wilkinson" <timwilk@magix.com.sg>, "Patrick" <pLaske@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Date this car?
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:21:08 -0700
Another way, and the way I did it is to look in the club "Members Handbook"
for the SAOC. It has a list of production dates for all series Alpines, but
it goes by the serial numbers produced by Friday of the corressponding week.
I look and see how many cars were made that week, and figure out the day
fairly resonabbly by how close it is to the last serial numbers. I just
figured it was around tea time because they have that in England, and we
don't. I am not that psycic, though I have thought of getting a job working
for Dionne Warwick. Lou

> Patrick wrote:
>
> > ????  OK, how do folks do this?  ESP?  Did you call a psychic????
> > Seriously, there must be a manual or plant records that maybe some sells
> > copies of?
> >
> > Would anyone mind looking up mine?  I have an SV, VIN # B395002562 LRX
color
> > 39.  I think it is a late 1965, since it is titled as a 1965 but the SV
> > wasn't made until September of 1965.
>
> I don't wish to steal Ian's (ian@sunbeamalpine.org) thunder here since I
noticed
> his earlier reply on this thread. Check out the "The Classic Sunbeam
Alpine