High Performance clutch

To: <Alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: High Performance clutch
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:00:44 -0700
Here is a question for people who race cars.

I had intended on using the early style flywheel (an original stage II
Sunbeam part) and the 9 spring clutch because they have the widest grip 8
1/2" and tightest grip of the Sunbeam products. I then held a 9 spring
clutch in one hand, and the Series 5 clutch (7 1/2") in the other and there
has got to be 5 pounds difference, at least! I can see why many racers are
using the series 5 style clutch now, but is the trade off in slip better
than the trade off in acceleration? Has anyone sat down and figured out
which clutch/flywheel system is better? I do know the Holbay guys marketed
the early style clutch/ flywheel system. Someone there thought it was a good
idea. Any thoughts? Lou