air filters

To: "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: air filters
From: "michael proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:47:49 -0400
I changed my air filter over to a K&N filter this weekend on my SV and
thought I would share the details for those who would like to do the same.
Purchase (2) E-3220 K&N filters, (4) 2"x1/4" galvanized pipe nipples, and
(4) 3" 5/16 bolts.  I cut the old filters material away from the top and
bottom cover. Carefully split and hammered back the flange that holds the
original spacers in place. Assembled the filters using the pipe nipples as
the spacers for the bolts and it was a perfect fit. These filters are a bit
pricey at $28.00 each but are good for life .

Mike Proper
Lansing, MI.
67 SV